Spill Management Team Services
Gallagher Marine Systems (GMS) provides Spill Management Team (SMT) services via strategically placed, highly trained, and experienced individuals. The team meets U.S. Coast Guard and California regulations for a Spill Management Team and the requirements for all states requiring an Incident Management Team (Alaska IMT). The GMS team has the stature and reputation for integrity and successful performance that has led Protection and Indemnity Clubs (P&I) and other insurers and agencies to select GMS as their preferred provider of these services.
Please click here to view our Spill Management Team Projects.
Advantages of the GMS Spill Management Team:
- GMS is independent of all Oil Spill Removal Organizations (OSROs)
- Our team is comprised of multi-disciplined professionals, capable of providing an organization suited to the requirements of each incident, including a complete Incident Command System (ICS) organization.
- Team Members maintain specialized training and experience for Incident Response Systems (ICS) positions. Our response team leadership is trained up through the advanced incident commander level of training, including media relations while others have specialized training to meet the specific needs of complex responses.
- The organization includes members who are located at key ports on all coasts and territories of the United States and a network of qualified, carefully vetted local representatives who can arrive quickly at the scene of an incident.
- The Team has a demonstrated record of success in working with multiple federal, state, and local agencies during major spill responses, including incidents involving more than 40 agencies. This record of success is supported by several letters of commendation awarded by these regulatory agencies.
- GMS team members have worked together in industry-led drills, SONS (Spills of National Significance) drills, and in response to more than 300 incidents along the coasts of the Continental United States, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Alaska, and Canada.