Shipboard Technical Services
Gallagher Marine Systems (GMS) is a leader at providing very comprehensive and cost effective technical services to ship owners, managers and ship Masters. We have an exemplary team and network of personnel who are ISM and ISO (9001 and 14001) certified lead auditors. Our internal training program ensures on-going and up-to-date education for our Technical Services team. Our in-house expertise has extensive sea-going experience and includes personnel who are former ship Masters, Chief Engineers, class surveyors, Coast Guard officers and port state control officials who have held senior management position in technical and HSSEQ (Health Safety Security Safeguards and Quality) departments.
For several years we have worked closely with the maritime industry, USCG and U.S. Department of Justice to monitor and audit court mandated environmental compliance programs. Our team is strategically positioned all over the U.S. and its territories to provide prompt, professional and pertinent service.
The range of principal services includes:
- Provide full range of Port Captain & Port Engineer Services
- Conduct voluntary and court mandated Environmental Compliance Programs
- Conduct ISM, ISO and environmental audits and training.
- Conduct real-time navigation audits
- Conduct pre-OCIMF SIRE (The Oil Companies International Marine ForumShip Inspection Report Programme) vetting and pre-Port State Control inspections& crew training
- Conduct TMSA 2 (Tanker Management & Self-Assessment) and gap analysis
- Conduct hire/purchase inspections with comprehensive reports
- Provide assistance with cargo operations (dry, containerized, liquid, chemical &gas)
- Provide assistance with cargo planning – emphasis on special cargoes
- Provide attendance during ship repair
- Conduct incident investigation and confidential in-depth reports with root cause analysis
- Provide reports on local port conditions for clients’ risk assessment purposes
- Liaison with local authorities
- Provide local advisories when required
- Provide owner/operator interest representation in other shipping matters
Worldwide Port Captaincy & Technical Service “WayPoinTS”
WayPoinTS provides ship owners, managers and Masters with worldwide access to the technical and marine services listed above and the associated support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
WayPoinTS is anchored with expertise, local knowledge and local contacts at principal ports worldwide. To achieve this, we use a network of GMS representatives who are amongst the best professionals providing a full range of shipping related services. The network consists of established organizations covering all major shipping hubs. The service is intended to establish a “global attendance” to support the ship until the client’s in-house representative can be physically present at the location where the vessel requires the support or service.
Our representative network operates from the following strategically located principal ports:
- Dubai, U.A.E. – covering the entire Middle East and North Africa
- Mumbai, India – covering the entire Indian subcontinent from Pakistan to Malaysia
- Singapore – covering the entire Far East region from Malaysia to China including Indonesia, Philippines and Hong Kong
- Melbourne, Australia – covering Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands
- Lisbon, Portugal – covering Europe